Saturday, March 17, 2007

I have just finished catching up on all my family's blogs.
Today is St. Patty's day. I'm (I think) 1/8 Irish. My grandmother (Marge Cushing) was full Irish-which makes my father 1/2 Irish which passes down to me as 1/4.... Hmmmm.... Maybe she was 1/2 Irish. I'm confused.
My brother and I went to Ireland together. I was pretty sick during that part of my trip but I did enjoy some of its beauty. For example... Kissing the Blarney stone and Kilkenny castle. We drove around and Chris got pissed drinking Guinness. How many was it Chris?... Eleven?
Yesterday, Which was Lent and it was, therefore, a sin that I had my pints of Guinness with my Jamison Baily's back/shots before the actual St. Patrick's day. I also ate a corned beef Reuben yesterday. I'm such a sinner.... The corned beef on FRIDAY?!?!?! I think the Pope pardoned us last year but I didn't hear anything about yesterday.
Today, I pretty much just feel like sitting at home, cleaning, shopping and surfing the Internet for new homes for Kent and I. Kent had to go to work today and I'm at the end of my "Kent working every night" rope. Well, if you can't change 'em... join em' eh? Nah, I value my sanity too much (what little of it I have left).
Nice reading all your blogs... Keep posting!

5 comments:

Chet and Gini said...

Your Grandmother was full Irish - which makes you 1/4 if there isn't any Irish on your Mom's side. Our old paster, Fr. Kenney, always got us a dispensation from the bishop for St. Pat's day because he figured we would break our fasts anyway. It may soothe your soul to know that it fell on Saturday this year, not Sunday, so at least the meat part is okay. And I don't think there is anything wrong with Guiness unless you gave it up - and who would do that? Which reminds me that Dad always gave up beer for Lent.

Chet and Gini said...

Oops - I meant not Friday!

Mike Angie Patrick Aaron said...

Actually - I was just reading about the history of St. Patrick's day and the article I read said that St. Patrick's day was historically considered a reprieve for lent which was granted by the pope.

Rissa said...

I was trying to convince Brad that it was okay to break your lent promise on St. Pat's, but he didn't believe me. I will have to have him take a look at our blogs.

Anonymous said...

I actually had something on the order of 12 pints of Guiness and the owner of the bar siad I had to walk the bartender home because he got too inebriated trying to keep up with me to make it home on his own. I might also add I only bought the first pint, apparently the Irish patrons of teh bar wanted to get the Yank drunk. They did not figure on an Irish American form Wisconsin though, they said I was the firsdt Yank they ever met that could hold hi guiness. I ppayed fo it later in Florence when I told the Irish bartenders at the Fiddlye tavern I out drank an Irish bartender. Next thing I now they challenge me to a drinking contest (at 3am mind you) and we end up smashed sitting on the bank of the Arno River singing IRA fight songs.-Christopher