I feel like I've been busy with nothing to show for it but here are the things I've been "Attempting" to do (here comes another bulleted segment of my blog):
- Download free virus protection from Avast: Unsuccessful b/c of slow dial up connection
- Take a clerical test for a job with Team Staffing Solutions: Again Unsuccessful b/c of slow dial up connection (these two things have been taking me FOREVER!)
- Take care of Lucia who developed a fever from her four month vaccinations: makes me sad and worried for her. Makes Daddy sad too.
- Clean my house- don't get me started on the state of my toilet, shower, and sink (please explain to me why dirty bathrooms allude most men).
- Cook food so that we might save money from more trips to grocery store or for take out.
- Get my license renewed. After one failed attempt at the written exam yesterday (hardy har har- I know... more jokes about Katy's stupidity) I passed the test after missing one question about how many feet you need to be from something when something is happening when you are driving- 100ft, 300ft, or 5ooft. The answer is 100ft but the question is still a blur. Damn short attention span. You see, I didn't notice it had expired on my birthday and the 60 day grace period had ended.
- Get my bike in working order (Cha-ching for World of Bikes but well worth it in the long run). I will be converting my tubes from European style, getting new tires thanks to dry rot on the white walls (the actual tire part was still good), new break pads, and a tune up. It won't be done until first week of July. I hope I have a job by then.
- That brings me to finding a temp part time well paying job for the summer... I need one. Interviewed with TSSI on Monday. Will keep you posted.
- Securing a para position for next year. Whoopity-doo. Met with Lemme principal today.
- Entertaining my little Lucia without being distracted by aforementioned 9 things that have been weighing on me.
I hate money, esp. when we don't have it.
My knee has been healing okay. It's still ugly but on a smaller scale. We are safe from the flooding. Many people I know have been helping with sand bagging down on Dubuque St. Mom and Dad's house should be well enough away from harm as well. It's been a big deal for Iowa. Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Waterloo and Cedar Falls are all affected by the Iowa and Cedar rivers flooding. There is still another 7 day forecast of rain ahead of us. On the flip side, I don't have to water my vegetable garden.
Lucia's four month Baby wellness visit went well. She is in the 50% for weight and head circumference and the 90% for height. She is developmentally at a 6 month level for some things and has hit all her milestones for four months and most of 5 months. I don't know if any of that adds up to anything but its reassuring to know as a parent that things are going smoothly. I like to think that she's a capable and strong little thing and want the world for her. The doctors all commented that it was apparent that she was a baby that was "talked to" as she was engaging in a lot of "conversation" with everyone. She was all smiles and happy until those damn shots. I know they are good for her but dammit- They piss me off.