Wednesday, July 16, 2008

KTO's Jigsaw puzzle
Well, the best way to describe this is that I am a puzzle piece in my Iowa City world which is part of the bigger jigsaw puzzle... Life. I fit in that world in a certain way and I'm connected to the other parts of my life in a certain way. When parts of that puzzle change shape the whole puzzle shifts. Somehow, despite a few hurt feelings here or there, it always comes back together.
Enough of the Jigsaw analogy. How do people remain close through their thirties, anyway? Do people look back on their thirties like I look back on my early twenties and think, "If only I knew then what I know now,"? I'm learning another new place amongst life- the circus tent. Although, I don't feel different inside on the outside I know my place and appearance in the world is vastly different. I feel a struggle knowing where I stand or how to keep the people I love close to me when I'm feeling like I'm faltering and flailing for my place in the world and lets face it have been for some time. Becoming a parent feels like a magnifying glass on all my flaws. I find it difficult answering the hard fact questions about who you were and how that person agrees with your ideas for who you are and the person you want to become.
Friendships are important and I am lucky enough to have friends dating back for many decades. I don't wish to lose any of you ;).
So my point is I've been reading in efforts to keep a certain patience, straightforwardness and understanding to what I've been feeling. I found this article somewhat comforting and wanted to post a link to it.
Anyway, to all of you- While we are all busy parents now and have less time to ourselves- I still want you all to know that you are always in my thoughts and I love you. There... I said it. Now, don't over analyze.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...from Chorus Bandits to Friend Bandits...I like the sounds of that...(jronymous)