Wednesday, March 12, 2008


Fish oil to Flax seed...

I recently finished all my fish oil capsules to my relief and delight. At last! no more fishy burp days! My plan was to switch to Flax seed oil to prevent this unfortunate side effect. However, after a little research on WebMD I have found that not all Omega 3s were created equal. Apparently Fish oil is a DHA Omega 3... the really good kind that will make Lucia and I smart and capable of extraordinary sight! Flax seed is an AHA Omega 3 and, frankly, they didn't have much to say of it at all. So now I need to take back my new bottle of Flaxseed oil and return it for one of the special DHA breastfeeding supplements. I have been sampling some that was available at the doctor's office as a free gift from LIPIL that does not make me burp like a sailor. So I guess their advertising methods are about to PAY OFF!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I took Expecta throughout my pregnancy, but I haven't been during breastfeeding (in part because it's outrageously expensive). I may pick up some fish oil and see if I can handle the haddock-burps.