Thursday, February 14, 2008

This is my Valentine's Day post...
Well, I'm typing this post with the sounds of my daughter cooing as my husband holds and speaks sweet nothings into her ear. I wish marriage and family was always this lovely. Kent got up and made me Eggs Benedict (my favorite) with a benedict sauce mix that was safer for me to eat because there were no raw eggs in it.
He went grocery shopping last night. When he arrived Lucia and I were already out cold and asleep in bed. In order not to wake us with the noise and commotion of our dog, Olivia, he went to sleep on the couch.
Normally, I have a big problem with my husband sleeping on the couch. When I was growing up I noticed that my Grandpa never slept with my Grandma (he slept on the living room couch and she slept on the family room pull out bed) and they later divorced. Therefore, I generally don't let Kent sleep without me next to him if I can help it. However, last night was for a good cause and so I'll let it slide... this time.
I do have such a full heart this Valentine's day and hope that more Valentine's days in the future feel as full of love and family as it feels today. I know there is a natural ebb and flow to marriage. Gotta appreiciate the flows in preparation for the ebbs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the birth of Lucia! I'm so happy for you. I'm glad to hear your delivery was uncomplicated. Yay!