Thursday, December 22, 2005

A night just for me...
Well, Kent is working at his part time job right now and I get the house to myself a bit. This is very nice. I did my final stocking stuffer shopping today. It was actually very warm with sun so it felt good to break out from the cabin fever.
I went to the new gourmet store here in town called The prairie Table. Damn, that's a fun store. They have all kinds of gourmet meats, cheeses, olive oil, and wine. They also have all the fancy schmancy cooking supplies. When I make my fortune I'm opening a store just like this one. I hope it does well. God know people in Iowa City can afford it. I wish I were one of them.
Well, looks like I was invited to eat sushi with my friends Rich and Genevieve tonight so I better go get ready.
One thing I'm really looking forward to about Seattle is the fresh fish and the sushi opportunities. I know Chris will be a happy to go with me any time I get the craving. Only, he likes me to get things that even I can't swallow. I think sometimes, for men, eating sushi turned into a battle of the taste buds. Who can swallow the strangest things and then say, "Yeah, that's not bad!" When Kent and I were in Seattle a few years ago Chris got me to eat sushi with huge fish eggs in it and I almost couldn't do it. Chris looked at me while I ate it with the shittiest grin on his face. He really gets pleasure from the strangest things... Gotta love him for that.

No comments: