Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I was hit on today...
Here is what happened:

8 am
I drive into the Sinclair and start filling tank with gas. I look up and think I see the feller pushing buttons for the gas tanks. I smile and he smiles back. So I finish filling tank. I look up again. The same guy is still smiling and puts up his hand in the universal symbol for phone and furrows brow as to ask, "Call me?" and I furrow my brow and shrug as if to answer back, "Huh?" He pretends to dial while I'm continuing to shake head in bewilderment. He holds up finger to signify, "Wait up a minute."
Stupid and curious as I am I begin to realize this is not the gas button pushing guy.
He comes out and asks, "Can I call you?"
"OH! I'm sorry, I'm married," as I flash the ring.
Smile, "Tell him he's lucky!" Shakes his head.
"You just made my day!" I drive away calling Kent to tell him how lucky he is. Kent says, "Uh-oh"
Yep- I still got it.

7 comments:

Jazz Hands said...

I always knew that was my favorite gas station.

Sarah L. said...

you rock, baby!

Chet and Gini said...

What an ego boost - especially after just having a baby! We all need those now and again

Aprille said...

Niiice.

Mike and Annette said...

Way to go, sweetheart!

Rissa said...

Love it!

Missy said...

I never get hit on - good for you!